Lundquist College Peer Advisor
Lundquist Peer Advisors are Business Administration and Accounting majors who assist students by offering drop-in advising hours through the Lundquist College’s Undergraduate Advising Office. Peer Advisors also assist with advising during new student orientations and Week of Welcome. Peer advising will be offered starting fall term both in-person and remotely.
Participating in the Lundquist Peer Advising program provides an excellent opportunity to develop leadership and problem solving skills; improve interpersonal and group communication skills; enhance skills in detail orientation; and provide a valuable service to fellow students.
Duties & Responsibilities
Lundquist Peer Advisors assist current and prospective Pre-Business, Business Administration, and Accounting majors:
- Understand Pre-Business, Business Administration, and Accounting major requirements
- Develop course plans (term plans, 2 or 4 year plans)
- Review ideas for the global context and non-business breadth requirements
- Verify graduation requirements
- Find academic support services
- Explore opportunities to get involved with Lundquist College clubs
- Intentionally plan educational and extra-curricular activities
Training, Expectations, and Compensation
All Lundquist Peer Advisors report directly to Andrew Wahlstrom, Peer Advising Coordinator and Senior Academic Advisor, and work closely with all advising office staff. Details about training, expectations, and compensation are:
- Participate in intensive training during winter term.
- Attend and participate in weekly training meeting held Mondays or Tuesdays from 4:00-5:00 p.m. (Required beginning Winter term)
- Peer advising hours are Monday - Thursday, 10:00 a.m. -4:00 p.m. during the following terms: Winter 2022, Spring 2022, Fall 2022, Winter 2023. Peer advisors do not have shifts during finals weeks or in the summer. Peer advisors work one or two, two-hour shifts per week depending on the week of the term.
- Peer advisors are paid minimum wage (currently $12.75 per hour) and work an average of 3-5 hours per week depending on the week of the term.
- Advise during Week of Welcome held the week prior to the first week of fall term
- Uphold confidentiality and policies outlined by the Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Market peer advising services to fellow students.
- Be a team-player and have fun!